Our smartphones have now made Video Chat quite simpler. All you need to do is install an app you like and start chatting with your friends, family members, and even co-workers. The only condition is that both participants should be connected via the same app.
Today, we all have plenty of app options available for both the leading smartphones platforms iOS and Android. Allow me to inform you about the 10 Best video Chat apps available for all smartphone users.
Facebook Messenger by Facebook Inc. is the world’s most popular messenger app for video chatting. Though, many people do not like Messenger as it still needs a lot of features that other video chatting apps offer. But the app is used by many people around the world because it provides relatively well video chatting experience.
Also, almost all people using smartphones do also use Facebook, to which Messenger is a standalone chatting app for so long. The core Facebook app shows new chat notifications, but chat can only be seen in the Messenger app.
- Connecting with friends is easier. You can use names or phone numbers and find your friends.
- It’s a cross device app. You can use it in Android, iPhone, and on the web together with Facebook.
- No charge for video chatting. Also, the app is available for free.
- The app allows adding fun art and effects to pictures and videos and share them with your connections.
- The app allows up to six people chatting with each other at a time, but up to 50 people can join a call.
- If there are more than six people on a call, the parson talking is shown on the screen to everyone.
Google Duo is Google’s own video chatting app. The company essentially launched the app as its answer to FaceTime, which is an Apple’s app available on supported iOS mobile devices and Macintosh computers that run Mac OS X 10.6.6 and later.
Google duo is a simple video chat app. Users just need to log in to the app and verify their number, and they are good to go! Calls can be made to other Google Duo users in same way we make normal phone calls. The Knock Knock feature of this app lets you see what someone is up to before you really answer his or her video call. The app is available on both Android and iOS devices as well as on the web also.
- The app offers one-to-one video chatting similar to Apple’s FaceTime.
- A simple video chatting experience and only person-to-person communication.
- Duo is of Google that means users do not need other account for logging in.
- The Knock Knock feature lets you see a caller before you actually pick his or her phone.
- It can also sense bandwidth problems and then degraded the quality to keep the connection continued.
- Also, it can switch between you cell signal and Wi-Fi to maximize the strength and bandwidth of the call.
- By default, all calls are encrypted.
A simple video calling and chatting app Imo supports smartphones running on 2G, 3G, 4G, and LET networks. So, if you in an area that never gets good network reception, Imo can be the best choice for you. The app is available on both iPhone and Android devices. The app is available for free. The only issue is that you will need dealing with some advertisements.
- Every video chat is by default end-to-end encrypted.
- Supporting cross-platform video callings.
- You can make group calls, send images, stickers, etc.
- Consumes less data in comparison of others.
JustTalk is another in our list of 10 Best Video Chat Apps. It’s a decent app that also allows you to theme it the way you like. You can send doodles while in a video call and add a bit of fun to you video chatting. Video chats over this app are fully encrypted and, users can use it on leading platforms, both Android and iPhone. Also it supports group video chatting. The app is available for free but there are some premium features like themes and other personalization perks that required in-app purchasing.
Kik also a popular text chat with video chatting features. You can use it for both one-to-one and group chats. You can share almost all sort of media files like video, images, Gifs, etc. It also comes with stickers. It doesn’t rely on your phone number like other video chatting apps. All you need is a user name. The app is available on both Android and iPhone devices.
Signal Private Messenger
If you need video a chatting app with privacy features, the best recommendation is Signal Private Messenger. It comes with end-to-end encryption for all video chats, voice calls and messages. The app is more focused on individual app; however, it also has group chat features. Video calls or chatting work fine. The app is available for free.
- Advanced end-to-end encryption protocol to keep your conversations private
- It is open source that means it enables anyone to verify its security by auditing the code.
- Signal uses your existing phone number and address book
- Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so you can have private conversations with all your friends at once.
Launched in 2003, Skype is the oldest and the most popular video chatting application in this list 10 best video chat apps. Previously, Skype was available only for desktop computers, but in 2013, the app was also released for Android and iOS.
Today, the app allows group video calling with up 25 people at the same time. Apart from video chatting, it also provides free text chat and integration with Microsoft and Facebook accounts. The app can also be used for regular calling, but it’s a premium features for which users need to buy a subscription.
- Instant messaging and chat history.
- Calls between Skype and landline / mobile phone numbers.
- Skype Premium.
- Video calling and screen sharing.
- SMS text messaging.
- Wireless hotspot network access.
Viber was initially a voice calling app that people used to make calls. It then evolved into a full-fledged messaging service that has text chat and video calling along with voice calling. All communications between Viber users are fully encrypted. Also, the app comes with some extra fun features like hidden chats.
- Fully Synced Desktop and Tablet Apps
- Make Free Audio and Video Calls
- Make Low-cost Calls to Landlines with Viber Out
- Open a Group Chat
- Chat and Call with 100% Privacy
- Self-Destruct Your Secret Chats
- Express Yourself with GIFs and Stickers
WhatsApp was initially a text chat service, but when Facebook acquired it, the company brought in voice and then video calling features which made it as one the most popular Messaging apps across the world. The video chatting of the app works quite well. Also, since Facebook as acquired WhatsApp, the company has introduced tons of exciting features. WhatsApp can also be used to send and receive docs in .doc, .docx and .pdf formats.
- Supporting sending multimedia in all major formats, as well as documents and even music files
- Chatting is available in text, voice and video formats
- Free calls (Only within WhatsApp Network and no emergency calling) and free of any subscription
- Create chatting (text + multimedia group with maximum of 256 people).
- Group calling with maximum 4 people at the same time.
- WhatsApp Web allows you to launch your WhatsApp in a browser. Connecting it to browser is so simple. Scan the QR code and you are good to go!
- Video chat anywhere. No international charges applied. Everything is free.
- WhatsApp works with your phone number which means there is no way a chatting with fake person.
- WhatsApp keeps users always logged means you will never miss even a single message.
Hangouts is Google’s another video calling app. It allows you to connect up to 9 users in a single call. It’s Google’s own app which means you do not need to sign up for a new account. The app is available on both Android and iOS devices.
- Include all your contacts with group chats for up to 150 people.
- Say more with status messages, photos, videos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
- Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 contacts.
- Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
- Connect your Google Voice account for phone calling, SMS texting, and voicemail integration.
- Keep in touch with contacts across Android, iOS, and the web, and sync chats across all devices.
- Message contacts anytime, even if they’re offline.