The Brief Perception of Android OS
Google’s Android OS has captured everyone’s eye. With having 80% share, Android seems to be the only player in global mobile market. Almost all mobile makers have launched their version of Android smartphones. Android has become the most popular platform since it has come in our hand. An Android based smartphone is the perfect solution to pocket-to-fit PC. Its performance is never less than what a desktop or laptop does.
Its certain features like low cost investment in the development of app, worldwide presence, support to any sort of customization, java, flash, graphics, audience / video files, as well as free availability of SDK help developers easily launch / conclude an Android app development project. With these features/ supports, Android has turned out to be the second to none OS globally. The popularity of the Android can easily be surmised by the fact that the Google Play now has more than 1.5 million apps; and these aren’t only gaming or entertainment apps but many of these apps are aimed at business and enterprise operations too.
Wide adoption is the driving factor to attract businesses, corporate, NGOs, news & entertainment channels, educational bodies, and even government departments getting Android apps developed to increase the horizon of their services.
Right merge of knowledge, talent, creativity and implementation methods are the obligatory things required in any Android application development. With people having expertise in the Android development, it has become easier to build powerful Android apps and provide them to users.
Android is an open source, touch screen OS. It is suitable for smartphones, phablets, tablets and convertibles (tablet cum laptop). Ahead in the blog, I am going to give you the information about the features supported in Android software development.
- This Operating system supports most of the formats of audio, video, and image including MP3, AAC MIDI and WAV (for audio); MPEG-4, H.264 and H.263 ( forvideo); JPG, GIF, PNG, and BMP for (image). Also by installing certain third party apps from Google Play store, users can add support to their mobile for various other multimedia formats.
- It also supports an extensive choice of graphics libraries like 3D graphic and 2-D graphics. 2-D graphics is used static application, animation and interactive games. It also supports 3D graphics with the Open Graphic Library (OpenGL).
- It supports different date receiving and sending technologies such as EDGE, EV-DO, GSM, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and UMTS.
- The latest version supports 4G as well.
- It is fully compatible with touch screens, accelerator, gyro, various touch sensors, video camera, GPS, magnetometer, and P2P (peer-to-peer) date sharing and distribution.
- It supports four main concepts of Android apps development: Activities, Broadcast receiver, Services and Content provider.
SEE Our : Health Apps, Education Apps, Healthcare Apps, Social Networking Apps, Entertainment Apps