Magento development is growing at rapid pace. Dedicated Magento development results in stunning e-commerce websites. All it takes getting associated with right developers.
When it comes to choosing an e-commerce website platform, Magento has always been the most preferred option. The biggest feature of Magneto is that it’s available for free. So if you are interested in taking your store online, this open-source platform is here to help you in realizing it in a very impressive way.
Magento is also one the most popular platforms according to a research conducted by aheadWorks in 2014. The research says that last year, Magento had about 30% market share among 30 most popular e-commerce platforms.
Magento VS others
Magento vs. Shopify
Magento isn’t only a feature-rich platform but also offers a choice of hundreds of templates and extensions. On the other hand, Shopify is a rather smaller platform, offers only 200 templates. It lacks at various sorts of extensions too.
Magento vs. Miva Merchant
Miva is paid but is not too much pricey. Magento based websites can be developed using PHP while Miva is based on custom programming. Also, Magento allows reviewing and adding products to wish list but this feature is not available with Miva.
Magento vs. BigCommerce
Developers may struggle with complex plug-ins when using BigCommerce. Also it’s largely focused on international shipping. But Magento can easily be customized for any business, from local to international ones.
Magento vs. WordPress
WordPress is a blog-platform but with help of some e-commerce plug-ins, it can be used for e-commerce purposes too. However it’s not a good idea to use a blog platform for e-commerce website. Magento is better choice, instead.
Magento vs. XCart
XCart is complex technology, doesn’t go easy with customization and isn’t flexible like Magento. Magento is open source but XCard’s code is defined.
Magento vs. Opencart
Magento can easily be proclaimed the outright winner over Opencart. In 2013, Magneto had over 29% of market share against 3% of Opencart. Magento offers a host of SEO settings for a store. It generates completely SEO friendly URLs for any page created on it while Opencart’s SEO’s settings are extremely limited.
Now what makes Magento the most preferred E-Commerce Platform?
- Magento comes packed with limitless features which help developers supplying desired functionalities to a store.
- An e-commerce website running with Magneto updates automatically. This features isn’t available in other platforms.
- It’s quite versatile and simple platform. The front-end based on Magneto offers customers easy search and purchase of products.
- Magento is capable of offering highly interactive shopping experience to customers.
- Magento based websites remain highly scalable.
- Magento comes with powerful SEO support. It also has marketing and catalog management tools to fulfill every sort of SEO requirements.