You have an idea and you want to hire a mobile app developer to turn it into reality but, the big of question the time is – How a right developer is discovered? This is one most common question in the mind of us all who want to launch their own app. So, what is the way to reach at conclusion that a particular developer in your list would best suit your requirements and what are the questions need to be asked before you hire a mobile app developer?
Here are the basics you need to have knowledge of before hiring a mobile app developer to launch your app idea.
What next you have to do when you have a great app idea?
- You have to go some more miles extra and do research work on all available app developers. Depends on your convenient, if you want to closely look how the process is progressing, the recommendation is you hire someone in your locality. But in most of the cases, an app project is outsourced to a professional company who provides its services beyond geographical limits. There are several reasons why app development projects are outsourced to offshore developers. First, these companies are professionally engaged in mobile software building business with large teams, experienced programmers and modern infrastructure. Second, they are able to provide cost-effective services in comparison to local or freelance-developers.
- Once you have a developer in the state of hiring, reveal to it what you want your app to do and then chart out the features & functions you want adding to the app. You should have the list of everything you want in your app already prepared and don’t forget to prioritize every item in this list. Put down everything in your app in a billeted so that the entire process turns out to be simpler as developers will easily be able to grasp it. Organizing things in this way will help you clearly describe your plans to the developer and its team. Make sure do not add all the possible things in the first version of the app. Let it be simpler, instead. You can at all times add more features in the future updates
- Now things would have turned quite clear so move on to the next stage. Draw out your app plan on paper with including the chosen features . Chalking out design will let you envision how your app would look like in real. This document will also help you in better placement of buttons, menu and other elements and assume what exactly you are looking for.
The importance of NDA
It is not absolutely compulsory you sign a non disclosure agreement with the developer but to play at safe side, it’s recommended that you do it. However, reputed companies do never ditch their clients as they make all their bread and butter from these clients. In case, the app itself is worth as sales, you should sign the NDA with developer. But, it’s hardly seen that a developer is selling ideas of its previous clients.
If you are confused about whether NDS has to be signed in or not, you better speak with your mobile app developers and let them know about your concerns. They will certainly provide better suggestion for you.
The Expected Cost
- It’s a difficult question and it’s hard to provide a single answer to it, though a most basic type of app may cost between $2000 and $5000. An app with database will cost around $10,000. But as I said “most basic type”, the price will rapidly increase with addition of more features.
- It means the more you add features to an app, the more its price increases and here we go back to the first step in which we decide all the features during the planning. Keep only those core features that will really be used by users to keep the price of development in limit.
How Much Time does it take to develop an App?
Apps with basic functionalities do not take more than a couple of weeks but in some case, development may span to a few months, too. In most cases developers keep you informed about the required time after understanding all your requirements. But for your knowledge, let me inform you that a basic app can be developed in 4-5 weeks.