The market research and analysis company – Frost & Sullivan – reported in May 2015 that 3 top online matchmakers in India accounted for more than 5 million marriages in the last decade. The reports published as Investment Opportunities in the Indian Online Matrimonial Matchmaking Market. According to Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry in India, the estimated online matrimonial market in the country will reach $250 million by 2017.
These statistics are quite weighted to have the attention of those matrimonial agencies and bureaus which have not yet fully utilized the power of Internet. Matrimonial industry is getting immense focus of investors and is looking for the next-generation of their online presence to play a diverse role.
Mobile apps are the answer. The reason is simple. India is world’s second largest mobile market with a total of 1,017,968,757 mobile users, as of 31 January 2016. The Statica.com has estimated that among all phone users in India, 204.1 million are those who own smartphones. Also, global mobile phone internet user penetration was 52.7 percent in 2015 and is expected to increase to 63.5 in 2017. These numbers will grow with each passing year and so will the requirements of apps for matrimonial services.
So, things are moving more towards mobile as the world is moving too. A mobile app for matrimonial services can have following features:
- Register and create profile
- Adding photographs from library
- Search and filtration features to find the exact match
- Save favorites and already viewed features
- Chat features after verification, instant notification
- GPS feature for City Search to find relevant matches near a location
- View members’ profiles, photos contact details, send interests or personalized messages directly through mobile.
- Privacy and user-blocking features
- Confirmation of authenticity by OTP or other modes like email, SMS, call etc.
With these features, a matrimonial bureau can easily get an edge over its competitors. It can turn out to be more reliable as matchmaking is a sensitive matter and an app can of course help matrimonial bureaus strongly position their brand in the market.